Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My Fondest Camping Memories


I have very fond memories of different camping trips when I was a child. These trips really brought my family together in many different ways and I always had a great time. One of my favorite things to do is to camp in the wilderness. I really love to hunt and fish, and camping puts you in a great position to do either one. Sometimes I like to just sit out in nature and observe the animals in their natural habitat.


The hustle and bustle of every day life can drain all of your energy, but a stay in the woods can really rejuvenate your soul. One of the best things about camping in the woods is how quiet and peaceful everything is. The best camping trip I ever took was a canoe trip with my mom when I was around twelve years old.


We drove to Arkansas to take a canoe trip down the Buffalo River. The camping trip was scheduled to take about a week, and I was very excited, because we would be staying near the river in a tent every night. We started the trip and I was designated the navigator, so I was able to read the map, which I thought was very cool. Most of the time the river was very tame, and we just floated down the river very slowly. During this time I was able to fish, and generally be lazy.


I caught about twenty perch during the trip, but I was disappointed, because I could see rainbow trout all around the canoe and I could not get very many to bite. I think I only caught three trout during the entire camping trip. However when I did catch these trout it was a lot of fun, because they would pull the canoe around a little bit while I was reeling them in. A few of the sections of the river had some small rapids in it, and we even went over a small waterfall at one time. This camping trip was great fun and I will remember it the rest of my life.








Ask questions and join in the discussion on our Camping Forum at Thompson Outdoor Forums: http://www.thompsonoutdoors.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=3

No comments: